Practical Action currently has an exciting new vacancy for a Senior Energy Advisor to join our consulting team based in the UK. This is a full time role based at our Rugby offices (we are however open to flexible remote working patterns) reporting to our Energy Lead. Full details can be found on the Practical Action website.
Key Aspects of the role:
- Be a provision of support to the PAC International Energy Lead with regards to strategic leadership, planning and business development
- Lead key aspects of business development including writing effective, quality proposals and preparing proposal budgets
- Be involved with the project management of a wide-ranging portfolio of energy projects (e.g. aspects of work planning, team co-ordination, technical delivery, finance), with leading and supportive roles according to project needs
Skills and Experience
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- Extensive experience in international development, the international energy sector, and/or related fields.
- Past involvement with the generation of new business in the form of public sector funding for future programme implementation (and ideally also private sector financial support)
- Experience of winning, managing and delivering high quality energy/international development consultancies.
- Proven team working and collaboration skills.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to build and maintain strong energy-related relationships and network.
- Experience of consultancy, project management, business development (e.g. contract management; project management; preparation and management of project budgets; technical input; project delivery; consultant management)
- Sound quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills
- Experience of working in Africa, Asia and/or Latin America, and willingness to travel to these regions
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Full time roles are contracted at 35 hours per week.
- Based in Rugby, Warwickshire – commutable by fast track rail from London and Birmingham, remote flexible working is enabled.
- 26 days holiday rising with continuous service, in addition to public holidays.
- A pension scheme that new employees can join from day one of employment – employer contributes 10.5% of salary and the employee contributes 5%.
- Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental leave.
- Life assurance (3 x annual salary).
- Bike to Work scheme.