Purpose of the grant
In April 2022 the CEE launched the CEE Event Grant Scheme, which provides CEE researchers with funding to support the delivery of an event or event series in the field of energy.
Awards can be up to £2,000 and tenable for up to 12 months.
Eligibility and conditions
- Grants are available to CEE researchers at the University of St Andrews (PhD candidates and staff).
- Grants are available to cover events that relate to the field of energy.
- Applications must be submitted at least six weeks ahead of the event.
- Awards are tenable for up to 12 months.
- Awards will not be made retrospectively.
- Events must publicly acknowledge the CEE funding.
- Applicants must submit a report within three months of the event to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must follow the procedures detailed in the staff expenses policy.
- The scheme is designed to support projects that:
- Increase scholarly, government and/or public understandings of and engagements with energy practices.
- Stimulate inclusive and nuanced discussion about energy research and its implications for society.
- Encourage collaborations across arts, humanities, social and natural sciences.
Level of award
The maximum award is £2,000. However, awards may be used to part-fund larger projects involving another sponsor. Please note the scheme cannot be used to cover the cost of replacement teaching. The award is available for direct costs relating to the event(s).
Period of award
Grants are tenable for 12 months.