Memorial University’s Grenfell Campus in Sustainability, Climate Change, and Future Scenarios are seeking applicants who completed their Master’s degree in Geography, Environmental Sciences, Sustainability, Political Science, or Environmental Humanities. Applicants with a demonstrated interest in climate action, environmental justice, and community engagement will be given priority.
Deadline to apply is December 10, 2022.
The successful candidate will undertake their doctoral studies in TRSU and contribute to a NSERC-funded research project on interdisciplinary analyses of cumulative impacts and/or ecosystem services. Research topics must be transdisciplinary and may include:
- Data-driven scenario analyses for Canada and/or Newfoundland and Labrador
- Mixed-methods analyses of climate futures and environmental imaginaries
- Uses of digital media in climate adaptation strategies and narratives
- Geospatial cumulative impact assessments for Maritime, Boreal and/or Arctic Regions
Funding Package: Graduate funding begins at $25,000 CAD and guaranteed for 4 years, with additional funding for fieldwork and conference travel. Opportunities for graduate assistantships or additional top-up funding may be available.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree in Geography, Environmental Sciences, Sustainability, Political Science, Environmental Humanities, or a related discipline by August 2023.
- Candidate should have proficient coding skills (e.g. R, Python, etc.) and a working knowledge of data management and analysis.
- A demonstrated interest in climate action, interdisciplinary and/or transdisciplinary approaches, community engagement, and environmental sustainability.
- Experience working with the arts and environmental justice is preferred but not required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with projects focused on Newfoundland and Labrador.
Candidates should submit a CV, an unofficial transcript, and a one-page statement of interest to Dr. Dallaire ([email protected]) and Dr. Jekanowski ([email protected]). Following a review of applications, the successful candidate must apply to the Transdisciplinary Sustainability (TRSU) PhD Program and Graduate Studies at Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador by February 1, 2023.
Please direct questions about the position to either Dr. Dallaire or Dr. Jekanowski.