The University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada invites applications for the position of Ontario Research Chair in Sustainable Energy. This tenure-track position will likely be filled at the rank of Assistant Professor, but exceptional applicants may be considered for the rank of Associate Professor. The successful candidate will have a PhD in a related field and may not have all their degrees from the same traditional discipline. Salary, in the range of $110,000 to $164,000, will be commensurate with experience. The closing date for applications is November 15, 2021. The preferred start date is July 1, 2022.
The successful applicant may work in policy, operations, or behavioural aspects of energy systems, including energy transitions. Whether driven to confront environmental effects, advance social equity, or support community and individual well-being, this energetic and dynamic scholar aspires to be a world leader in the study, modeling, and implementation of sustainable energy.
The position, which includes research and teaching, is a joint appointment by the Department of Systems Design Engineering (SYDE) in the Faculty of Engineering and the School of Environment, Enterprise and Development (SEED) in the Faculty of Environment. The new Chair will serve as one more link between these two active and unique UWaterloo departments and is also expected to play a leadership role in the socio-environmental work of SYDE.
Interested candidates should submit the following by email in a single attached pdf document:
- a cover letter (which should indicate if the applicant is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident);
- a research statement that includes accomplishments and goals, highlighting important publications for committee review;
- a statement of teaching philosophy and interests;
- a diversity impact statement that addresses how the candidate’s research/teaching program will advance equity, diversity and inclusion goals;
- a current curriculum vitae; and
- names and contact information for at least three references, who will not be contacted without prior notification to the candidate.
The document should be submitted to:
Chair of the Department of Systems Design Engineering
Please use the SUBJECT LINE “Chair in Sustainable Energy”
The University of Waterloo is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any application, interview or workplace accommodation requests, please contact Dr. Aultman-Hall at email@example.com or Dr. Frayne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding the position, the application process, assessment process, or eligibility, please contact Dr. Aultman-Hall or Dr. Frayne.